Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Special Chicken

A week ago Justin and I attended his ALS (airman leadership school) graduation. My husband worked incredibly hard for those six weeks and I couldn't be prouder of him. In July, he will finally get to put on his fourth stripe and become a Staff Sergeant!

The celebration was held at the Gateway Club, which of course means mass eating, two choices for dinner: pork or chicken. Justin is a sweetheart and notified the staff ahead of time about my dietary needs. This is what my name card read, "Special Chicken."

My salad was sans dressing, which I did appreciate even though it was difficult to eat because the salad was dry and literally consisted of spinach, parmesan cheese, and a few tomatoes. However, I was impressed with my dessert, fresh fruit! Others at the table who were served cake drooled over my fruit.

My dinner left little to be desired, plain grilled chicken atop what I assume were frozen veggies. I feel I can't complain too much though because they accommodated me. I was able to eat like everyone else; I didn't have to secretly eat the Lara bar I packed in my purse and let my food go to waste. 

My tip: Be proactive and call ahead. You might be surprised that they will take the time to provide a separate meal just for you :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the picture of you two at the award ceremony!! That dress looks AMAZING on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...