Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Salad?

This Portobello and Asparagus Salad may be Paula Dean's only recipe that does not include a stick of butter. Justin made it a few months back and we debated whether it is meant to be served hot or cold. However, we ended up serving it luke warm and it was delicious. (The cold left overs also taste good.)

I've said this before, Justin probably cooks more than I do. Since he's been in ALS though (next week is his last week!), I've found myself in the kitchen a lot more. I attempted the recipe on my own this time!

All of the vegetables are grilled; I used our stove top grill.

I also grilled the grape tomatoes and the portobello mushrooms.

Of course, I used GF pasta instead of regular wheat containing pasta. I only used about half a pound of pasta, so we could enjoy the veggies more. I can't decide which salad is more beautiful, this one or the Quinoa Salad.

And to make your heart smile...here is my Vana resting peacefully in her bed while using the curtain as a blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...