Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Health Attack

"It's almost too healthy for me to eat," my husband replied to me after I asked him if he enjoyed the black bean-quinoa salad with basil-lemon dressing I packed in his lunch. My sister, Jill, had made this one summer when I lived with her while I was switching leases in college. It was delicious and nutritious. I think I lost 5 pounds living with Jill for about 2 weeks. When we were trying to come up with different ideas to make for the week, I pulled this one from my memory.

Here are a few of the reasons why this salad is so healthy.

1. Quinoa

2. Tofu

3. Edamame (I subbed instead of lima beans)

What a beautiful salad! I can't forget to mention it also includes tomatoes, carrots, and black beans. While it does take a bit of time to prepare, it is worth it. I will be packing a little in my lunch everyday. Although I can't speak for my hubby after his response to my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...