Sunday, May 8, 2011

Breakdown of the Weekend

Friday
I was supposed to work a half day and attend a meeting in the afternoon. When I arrived to school, I was told the sub who had picked up my job earlier in the week, dropped it last night. This was exactly what I was afraid when I requested an afternoon only sub on a Friday. I had contemplated taking the whole day, but when the job was picked up, I felt I was safe. Wrong.

I was frantic the whole morning, hoping they would find someone to cover. It didn't help that three other people called in and aides were filling in for their classes. I pleaded with the secretary to find someone because I wanted to go the meeting badly. The professional development meeting was at UTSA and was funded by a grant. At 11:15 the secretary buzzed me on the P.A. and announced I could go!

I am a spaz. I grabbed all my things and rushed to my car so I could arrive on time. Then I realized I left my phone in my desk, so I ran back into the school and up the stairs. Yes, I am a good role model, running in the school. You might be able to guess what happened next...I wiped out on the stairs, landing on my arm. This whole ordeal was witnessed by two other teachers. Embarrassing, yes! They asked if I was okay, my response was, "Yeah, I'm trying to do too much at once!" I was fine, although my arm feels a little bruised.

My day only got better! The professional development was awesome and I love grants. Check out what they gave me.
  • 5 Flip Cameras
  • An external drive
  • A freaking computer!
  • An English Language Learners book
My students are going to be so excited when I tell them what I got for our classroom.

After work we met Justin's ALS (Airman Leadership School) classmates at Red Robin. They had an allergen menu, although mostly everything was minus a bun. I ended up getting a chicken sandwich on lettuce with melon slices. It was decent, I was just glad to have something I could eat there. But I did forgot to take a picture.

Saturday
Bum - summarizes my morning and afternoon.

Saturday night we stopped at Target and then went to the movies to see Water for Elephants. They have the best Coke machines there, where you can pick any kind of soda Coke makes. You could spend an hour trying all the flavors. 

Sunday

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Fluffernutter Sandwich

Toasted Udi's white bread, JIF peanut butter, & marshmallow fluff

Dinner:
Tandoori tofu with wild rice and vegetables

We found this recipe in "Eat Healthy Your Way" magazine which we picked up from the commissary. If you're interested you can find the recipe here. It was something totally different than we usually eat. The sauce was my favorite part. I like tofu, but it was a little squishy. I think next time Justin is going to pan fry it and then coat it in the sauce. I would recommend it though!

Happy mother's day to my amazing mom, I wish I could've spent the day with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...