Monday, February 21, 2011

Waffle Obsession

After making pancakes using the gluten free Bisquick, I was ready to try Belgian waffles. A couple of Fridays ago, we were searching for something quick for dinner. Justin agreed so I followed the directions on the box.

  • 1 1/3 cups Bisquick GF mix
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 3 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used EVOO because that is all we had.)
  • 1 egg
The batter was a little runny, and I was nervous it would flood out the sides of the griddle. 

I fed Justin his waffles first. He hollered from the table, "These are the best waffles we've had in a long time!" How funny! Before I was diagnosed with celiac we were on a mission to find the best waffle mix.  You know it's always a good thing when a gluten eating person thinks something GF is yummy.

The waffles were so cakey. In the picture you can see the moist, crumbliness in them. Justin said they're the best artificial Belgian waffle.

Then came the best idea ever by my husband...Take the Cake ice cream.

The ice cream was even more amazing than the waffle itself. It tasted like a waffle cone/funnel cake with ice cream. I wish I had some now!

I ended up making a double batch of the batter so we could enjoy the dessert waffles. I put the extras in the fridge. I would put two quarters in the toaster for breakfast and frost them with peanut butter and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...