Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lounge Story

Last Thursday, I heard a knock, knock on my door at school. "Mrs. Mendoza, have you heard about the great deal going on in the lounge?" a man asked me. Unaware of happenings in the lounge, I responded with a no but wondered who this man was and why was he soliciting in my classroom. He went through a spiel about Anchor glassware, showed me a long list of teachers who already bought it, and proceeded to explain how he had been selling it for over 25 years to the district. I agreed to walk down to the lounge to take a look at the potential purchase. A 20-piece set for only 26.98! Hmm, I thought I already have two Pyrex sets and Corningware which rarely gets used, do I really need more glassware? In my head I debated about it. For those of you who know me, I love deals! I usually never have my checkbook in my purse and that day I had it. I took it as a sign to buy a set. While the new set is still sitting in the box on the table three days later, when the day comes for me to make 3 pies I'll be glad I don't have to go buy another pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...