Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Heart Donuts, Sometimes...

As I went through the mail today, I noticed an ad for Dunkin' Donuts. They were advertising heart shaped donuts filled with creme for Valentine's Day. Mmm...I thought to myself, what I wouldn't give for one of those. Not even two seconds later, my mind fluttered full of flashbacks of stomachaches, diarrhea, and of course rancid smelly farts!
This past weekend, Justin and I made our monthly trip to Whole Foods to stock up on specialty gluten free items. A month ago I had tried some kinnikinnick donuts that tasted amazing. I wanted to try a different kind, so I picked out glazed original donuts. I actually didn't realize until now that I had not bought the same brand. Glutino has some great products though, so I would have expected more.


At first, I thought the box was clever, opening similar to gluten filled donut boxes. But now I think all it does is allow for freezer burn to occur more quickly. Plus right after I opened the box for the first time, one of the sides ripped in the wrong spot.


I was utterly disappointed that I had spent $5.99 on this box of donuts. After heated for the 15 - 20 seconds that the directions called for, the donut was not heated evenly through out. In fact many spots were mushy. There was not much flavor at all, maybe completely doused in icy would have made a tasty treat.


While these did not make my taste buds dance, of course I'll still finish the box of them. I can't bare to waste the dollar per donut. Next time I will make sure I buy kinnikinnick donuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...