Monday, February 28, 2011

Mango Guacamole

Last weekend we tried a new restaurant, Pam's Patio Kitchen, that offers a variety of GF options.  When we sat down to look at the menu, we noticed everyone had bread at their tables. Before we even had the opportunity to deny bread, the server noticed that I had a gluten free menu and offered us chips and salsa.

It was not just chips and salsa. There was pico and mango salsa guacamole. While all three were amazing, the mango guac was a fresh take on guacamole.

It was difficult to choose what to eat for dinner. I decided to pick something that I don't have that often or can't really make on my own. I ordered the beef curry and while it doesn't look that appetizing, it was meaty, sweet, and succulent.

This all leads to me to last night's dinner which was inspired by the mango guacamole. We never really measure anything when we make guacamole, but I diced tomatoes, onions, and a jalapeno. I mashed the avocado first and mixed in the veggies. I added about 3/4 of a finely chopped mango as well as some salt, garlic, and a little lime juice.

We made chicken nachos with black beans, tomatoes, onions, sour cream, cheese, and of course mango guacamole. We used Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle to season the chicken. While I won't add mango to guacamole every time, it was a nice addition on a 70 degree plus weather day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...