Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This morning I took a shower to a cinnamon scented candle light. You might be thinking this was some romantic ploy by my husband. First off, I'm not really a morning person. Secondly, the power was out! I could handle a shower in the dark because normally I can barely see much anyways without my contacts. If you have ever tried getting dressed to a dim light, it is not an easy task. It took the third pair of nylons to find one with out a hole. While I sported a red dress to school today, my hair was like a wet noodle, wrapped in a pony with a head band. As I was lighting the gas stove with a lighter, ah ha! The power came on. Luckily I was able to toast my usual morning waffles and drink my cup of joe.

Having a holiday such as Valentine's Day land on a Monday is not ideal for teachers. The whole day is chaotic and by the end of the day you realize it is only Monday. My students kept questioning, "When is the party? When is the pizza getting here?  Can I take this Valentine to ________." My kiddos devoured pizza, cookies, cup cakes, soda, hot Cheetos, and candy. Being my first GF Valentine's Day I was glad I wasn't going to regret numerous gluttonous foods. I did consume a few pieces of candy, but that was about it.

Arriving home, I felt exhausted. Justin was starting dinner, our version of an old time favorite from a discontinued Noodles and Co. menu item: Sweet Chili Chicken. We sauteed broccoli, red bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, asparagus, green onions, and chicken. It was served on rice with a side of sweet chili sauce.  

A closer view of a pepper he cut like a heart for me.

Iivana enjoyed a new teddy bear on this <3 day.

I made a few chocolate covered strawberries for dessert too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...