Saturday, February 26, 2011

Great Urban Race

Today I walked 28,000 steps on my pedometer. Justin and I made the hour and a half trip to Austin for the day to compete in the Great Urban Race (GUR). This was our second year, and we were determined to do better. Last year, we finished a half and hour after the closing time. This year we solved our clues first and planned out our route. Everything seemed to be more spread out this year and we didn't take the bus once. We walked/ran all over the city of Austin. It was coming down to the wire again this year, but we made it in with four minutes to spare! We'll find out our exact place in a few days, we're not expecting anything high. Like I said, we were proud to finish. My body aches and it feels amazing to be sitting down on the couch. If only our crazy little monster, Iivana, wouldn't be so hyper!

Here's a few highlights from the day:
Mustaches!

Keeping Austin Weird

Diving In

Pretend feeding fried pickles and shrimp, of course I didn't consume the gluten filled treat.



Before the race, we needed to grab a quick bite to eat. I researched before our trip and found Snap Kitchen.

The place was a perfect stop because everything was pre-made and ready to eat. You chose what you wanted to eat from a cooler. There were numerous choices.

Some of our choices in the bag. The Quinoa Muesli was a little sweet. It was more of a breakfast food, than a lunch item. The curried chicken salad was awesome.

Justin bought some deviled eggs that were also GF. I didn't try any since I don't like eggs, but he said the hummus was spicy and delicious. 

The best part though was the chocolate chip cookies. They were soft, chewy, and flavorful. It really makes me want to get back into baking. I need to start experimenting more with GF flours.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...