Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pei Wei

I've been to PF Chang's a few times. There was that memorable time in East Lansing for my 22nd birthday. My family came up to take me out to dinner, but my birthday fell on the same weekend as homecoming. Every restaurant was crowded. While I was not diagnosed with celiac at this point, I wanted to badly try PF Chang's. The wait was ridiculous, more than 2 hours. We killed time at the bar area, sipping a few drinks that my dad treated us to. After a few complaints because people who arrived after us were getting seated, the manager treated us to a free round of drinks. By the time we were seated, one sister who shale remain nameless, was a bit tipsy. The food was definitely not as memorable as my sister's quotes.

Justin and I visited a PF Chang's down here in SA. I'm not sure what ruined this experience, the hot Saki, the saltiness in the food, or the overpriced menu. Again, this trip was pre-celiac diagnosis. Since then we have not had much of a desire to go back.

While we do not like the "big brother" PF Chang's we adore the "little sister" Pei Wei. The price is much more affordable, the service reminds of us our times at Noodles so we often reminisce, and the service is fast. I love the Pei Wei Spicy Chicken. I always ask for the gluten free menu when I arrive to make sure it is still an item and that they are sure to make it GF. It has a little kick to it, but an amazing meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...