Sunday, April 15, 2012

1 Year Later

Being a first time dog owner, Iivana instantly captured my heart. I finally understand "dog people" that I couldn't quite connect with all my life. What happened a year ago will always stick with me and make my heart wrench when I think of that day. My princess was playing at the dog park when a pit bull turned on her. She was pretty beat up and had a long recovery. 

My Vana is resilient though, even the night we took her to pet ER when she was bleeding out of a quarter size hole in her chest, she continued to examine every inch of the room we were in. Her attitude and loving personality never changed which we are very thankful for.

We were ecstatic that her stitches were coming out, but the wound wasn't completely healed so we started over again with the recovery process.

But we eventually arrived at the day when she could bid goodbye to her e-collar.

Through out the whole thing Iivana was a champ. Justin and I were the ones who took it the hardest. Of course we stopped going to the dog park. We were hesitant about how she would play with other dogs. I can't speak for Justin, but I became protective of my baby. But time goes by and you slowly start to let go of the worry and live life...

Iivana enjoyed her second birthday during the summer!

Iivana was Minnie Mouse for Halloween.

She made a new best friend, Bruiser, at grandma and grandpa's in Wimberley. 

We also decided to install a fence, so that Iivana would have more space to run freely in our backyard since we don't take her to the dog park anymore. Today I played frisbee with her in our backyard. I also decided to take a little photo shoot of her playing and enjoying our backyard.

I think she's missing most of the frisbees I threw in the following photos because I attempted to toss them quick and then snap a picture.

I just had to include these so you could really appreciate my attempts of action shots.
   

 She almost looks like she's walking.

I tried to get a picture of her chest scars, but she wasn't having it.

I love this pic.

Although my opinionated dog can sometimes be a pain, she's a sweetheart and has been there for me.  She gives me kisses, hugs, and keeps me company. Justin jokes because she's always at the top of my blog labels; just look at the right and click on the label "Iivana" to find more of her musings. (Okay, I am officially a crazy dog lady.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...