Wednesday, April 25, 2012

GF Glazed Doughnut Muffins

I am a procrastinator. I always have been, but I always manage to get what I need done. With that said, I have a final paper due for class. However, it's not due for a week, but my initial intention was to have it done and turned it at class tomorrow. I'll tell you this: that is definitely not happening. Oh well, I still have plenty of time.

So what did I do to avoid my paper? I haven't baked in a while and pinned a new recipe yesterday that intrigued me, but I would have to make it gluten free. I followed this Glazed Doughnut Muffins recipe. Of course, I subbed the flour with Cup 4 Cup gluten free flour. But other than that I followed everything just as the recipe said. It was fairly simple! 

I was also excited because I had the opportunity to use my new owl measuring cups from West Elm. I found the West Elm site through Pinterest because there are no stores in the area here. I actually ordered them back in early March but haven't had the chance to try them out until now!

The batter was very elastic-y.

The recipe said to fill 12 muffin cups. Mine were overflowing with my sticky batter. I even had an extra glob that probably would have made one more cup. If I make these again I will use more cups and put less in each one.

As you can see, my doughnut-muffins were out of control!

I dipped them in the glaze twice. Look at those glistening doughnut-muffins!

I have 12 of these massive creations. I should probably take some to my gluten free friend at work so I can share my hard work.

Unfortunately I don't have my hubby taste tester to tell me if he thinks they are comparable to gluten filled foods. So my review is that these are moist, fluffy, and so doughnut-like. Making them in the muffin tin makes the process a breeze but still gives the sweet flavor. These are almost a cross between muffins, doughnuts, and cake! I'm not a huge frosting person but this glaze is on point! The glaze pairs perfectly with the cinnamon & nutmeg spice. I am also joyful that the Cup 4 Cup flour was an equal substitute and that these turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...