Friday, April 13, 2012

Black Velvet

I've tried several different Woodchuck Cider flavors, but the Private Reserve Belgian White has to be one of my favorites. It's not an overpowering taste, more of a pillow-y cloud taste like the blue box & label. According to the availability calendar, this Private Reserve is only available March - May so start looking if you're interesting in trying this flavor. Iivana was even intrigued. How fitting a Belgian Malinois is interested in the Belgian White! 

During March Madness, I was playing around on the Woodchuck website and came across the "mixables" section. The picture on the site instantly made me think of a black and blue (which my hubby loves), or as they call it a black velvet. I wondered how I could create my own entirely gluten free version.

Green's Dubbel Dark Ale would be the answer!

First I poured my mug half full of my Woodchuck (any flavor will work.)

I told Justin about my idea through email and he suggested I use a spoon to help pour and separate. I took his advice and held a spoon over while I poured the dark beer.

It worked! I created my own GF Black Velvet.

Normally I don't like dark beers on their own but mixed with the cider, it made the perfect drink. I definitely see more of these in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...