Monday, April 23, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

I like to try different products, despite having my favorites. For pancakes, some of my top picks are Bisquick and Pamela's pancake mix. I know there is always room to add GF products to my go-to list and Allie's Awesome Buckwheat Pancake mix was an item I purchased with my Living Social deal. I recently noticed it sold at Whole Foods too.

For some reason, even though it is April I instantly craved pumpkin pancakes when I saw this recipe on the back of the box. I had can of pumpkin in my pantry that I had purchased in fall when I was going pumpkin crazy. When I made pumpkin waffles before all I did was add pumpkin. There's something about this recipe that seemed to produce magic in my mouth. It must have been the hint of sugar to sweeten them 'cakes.

Since it is just me, I halved the recipe.

At first the batter was pretty thick, so I gradually added some milk to thin the batter until it was a consistency that I was happy with.

It made 6 thick, fluffy pancakes.

There was so much flavor in the pancakes that I only needed a hint of maple syrup. I would definitely recommend this recipe and mix. But I'll have to try to make regular pancakes with Allie's mix too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...