Monday, April 2, 2012

Gluten Free Pasta Salad

Two weekends ago I went to a barbecue at my neighbor's house and there was a pasta salad that look amazing. It used tri-color noodles was loaded with chunks of cheese and meat along with veggies and of course wheat pasta noodles. I became inspired to make my own version to eat through out the week.

I had ordered some GF veggie noodles when I bought that Living Social deal in February. I had in mind a pasta salad when I ordered them, but I didn't know I would come up with this one. I also used Boar's Head pepperoni, a green pepper, broccoli, a cucumber, red onion, and Colby Jack cheese. The vegetables were diced up and the cheese and pepperoni where cut in chunk-like cubes.

After I cooked the noodles according to the directions on the bag, I ran some cold water over them. Then I mixed all the sliced add-ins with the noodles.

I added Wish Bone Italian dressing. (You might want to save a little, because the next day a lot of it soaks into the noodles.)

This salad lasted me the whole week. Some days I packed it in my lunch and other days I ate it for dinner. I liked making it because it was simple and I could eat from it all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...