Sunday, April 22, 2012

Felt Flowers

Yesterday I went to the craft store to pick up some more adhesive to finish up my curtains to add to the dining area. While I was there I got the idea to create my own flowers for Iivana's collar. She used to have one but it recently saw it's last day and fell off.

This was her old flower.

I made her a double combo of two different flowers. I followed tutorials that I found on Pinterest to make each flower. The pink flower tutorial was from here. The red one won't open the link. I basically cut a swirl and cut half circles. I wound it together tightly. I used regular cheap felt that I bought for 29 cents a sheet. The one blog recommends wool felt, which I think I'll try next time. The wool felt looks nicer. I was just playing around to see if they really were easy to make and both flowers were! 

Then I cut a piece of elastic and hot glued it to the other side. I covered it with a small flap of felt and glued that as well. I didn't take pictures of this process because to best honest I wasn't sure if it would work or hold.

Then I hot glued both flowers to each other. Once I let them dry, I checked to see if they would fit her collar. They fit beautifully.

I'll see how long these last, but I figured it would be a less expensive option that buying her a new one. I can make her different ones and switch them out on her collar. I'm excited to try some different flower types and with better felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...