Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Déjà vu

Shortly after I posted last night, Justin went to clean Iivana's wound. After complaining about the small gauze I picked up at Target, the following words were not what I expected. "It opened back up!" he uttered in a shocked voice. At that moment so many thoughts went through my mind, with the main one being what do we do? Do we take her to the Emergency Clinic again? Do we take her first thing in the morning to her normal vet? I can't miss the TAKS test and Justin can't miss ALS! I put my head in my hands and cried.

Thankfully my husband can remain calm in these situations. He researched stitched wounds opening back up on the Internet. He concluded we could super glue the wound. Haha...just kidding, but he did see that and a co-worker told me her husband did that to their dog! We decided to wait until the next day. She wasn't bleeding and was not in pain. She just had the huge opening!

I could not sleep and was exhausted this morning with a massive headache. Luckily, Justin was able to drop her off at the vet during his lunch time. After I received his voicemail at lunch, I was finally able to relax, knowing my baby girl was safe at the vet.

So the déjà vu comes in now. The vet decided she needed to restitch the wound.  Apparently the Emergency Pet Center did not stitch it properly. So that meant Iivana had to receive anesthesia again! We couldn't pick her up until 6:30 tonight because it had to wear off first.

My poor drugged up puppy on the drive home.

She even has a new bandage on her leg where they shaved more hair to put in the port for the anesthesia.

We feel like we are back to square one. The crappy part is that neither of us can really afford to take any more time off to stay with her. I might be able to take a day next week, but this week is TAKS, TAKS, TAKS! This time the doctor wants the stitches to stay in for 14 days to ensure this does not happen again.

After work, we were both able to work out and then went straight to pick her up from there. With hungry tummies, we ordered to go from our favorite Thai restaurant, Asia Kitchen. Except this time I did not get the Pad Thai. I ordered the chicken Gaeng Ped which is red curry coconut milk, bamboo, basil, carrots, and bell peppers served over white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...