Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bisquick Pizza

I'm a Bisquick fanatic for breakfast foods. We recently tried to make pizza crust from the GF Bisquick. It was fairly simple:

  • 1 1/3 cups Bisquick Gluten Free mix
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • 1/3 cup of oil
  • 2 eggs, beaten
I mixed all the ingredients together to get a soupy mixture. I figured it would be a little runny because that's how the waffle and pancake mixes are. I was finally able to use my brand new Pampered Chef pizza stone. I wasn't sure how thick to spread the dough. I think I should of spread it out a little more. I cooked it at 425 for 15 minutes. The dough started to crack, but the box stated it would probably do that.

After 15 minutes, I pulled it out of the oven and topped it to make a Hawaiian pizza. It had a mountain effect because it started to bake up in the middle like a cake. Like I said, next time I need to spread it out more and evenly. We topped it with ham, fresh pineapple, red onion, and bacon. Then it cooked for 10 - 15 more minutes.


The dough was a tad too thick, but not bad. I think Udi's pizza crust is better. But this was fairly simple and we always have Bisquick on hand. I would try it again, making those small changes. I loved my pizza stone!

I ate the left overs for dinner yesterday. I even warmed the pieces up in the oven. I usually don't complain about leftovers, but it was a little soggy. The crust reminded me too much of a pancake. I do not recommend leftover pizza crust from Bisquick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...