Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hanging Out

I took today off and a half day yesterday to stay home with Iivana. (Click here if you're wondering why.) She's getting better, but still needs to rest and be watched. As you can see we often have to keep her leash on so she doesn't start to run around the house. In this photo, I snuck up on her while she was napping and she opened her eyes thinking, "Mom, why are you taking pictures of me again?" Right now her life consists of eating numerous treats and rawhides, sleeping, and potty. Good news though, her drain/stint came out on Tuesday.

Our food supply seems to be rather diminished at home, and neither Justin or I have any desire to go grocery shopping. For lunch, I knew I would have to be creative. Last night at class, a girl in my class was eating a Subway sandwich. I hadn't had a thought like this in a long time, but I looked over at her and just wished I could go to Subway to get a sub sandwich as well. It must have been the crunch of veggies I heard from across the room, or the oniony smell. Whatever it was, I was totally jealous!

So as I rummaged through the pantry I found another Chebe mix from my rare find.

I decided to make the bread mix into sandwich buns.

Justin came home and thought they were giant cookies.

I nearly cut my hand while trying to slice the "bun" in half.

I constructed my own turkey sandwich with the few items left in the house.

The sandwich turned out decent, especially since it was made from a limited supply of items. I was hoping for more fluffy bread, but it was pretty similar to the focaccia mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...