Saturday, April 16, 2011

Viva Fiesta

One thing I love about San Antonio is having a holiday for Fiesta! I had no school on Friday and Justin took the day off. The day started off great, we both worked out then made our way to the Battle of Flowers Fiesta Parade. There were marching bands, floats with queens, and giant sized balloons.

Once again, the hot Texas sun beamed down to make for one hot afternoon. The parade provided 3 plus hours of entertainment.

Yes, we even had Fiesta shirts!

After the parade, we decided to walk to pick up our packet for the Walk for Autism since we were already downtown. Our stomaches were grumbling, so we proceeded a little further to The Cove.

The Cove is a car wash/laundromat/garden

/play place

/bar

and of course a restaurant with GF food!

I ordered the 09er burger with roasted red pepper, goat cheese and pesto aioli. The buns are from where else, but The Little Aussie Bakery. I don't know if I was overly hungry but literally every time I took a bit I mumbled, "Mmm..."

Justin ordered from the gluten free menu as well. This is the Seafood Sampler composed of one shrimp and fish taco with a spinach salad.

In addition, he ordered Joe's taco: grilled mushrooms, sauteed spinach, grilled red onion, cilantro coleslaw, and spicy poblano sauce on a corn tortilla. The fish tacos are amazing as well. They are full of so much fresh flavor.

After spending the afternoon out, we decided to take Iivana to the dog park. This is where our day took a turn for unplanned excitement. My poor baby was attacked by another dog. She's recovering now at home trying to rest. I'll try to write more about tomorrow, but it still makes me really sad to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...