Tuesday, April 12, 2011

French Toast

I'll warn you now, the next few days I'll be posting about various foods that include bread! When bread is in the house, we find a way to include so it doesn't go to waste. At $7.95 a loaf, there's no joking around.

Sunday morning, I made french toast for breakfast. I combined three beaten eggs, about 1/3 cup of milk, dash of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg.


I think the Little Aussie bread browned rather well and looked pretty normal. The loaf the was actual size of wheat filled bread too. Usually the loafs are miniature for some reason. I scattered the finished product with powdered sugar and topped with some syrup. (There was some butter spray on there too.)

I think GF bread always tastes better toasted, so of course the french toast tasted delicious!

One final comment about the flaxseed bread...is well, the flax. Flaxseed contains high fiber, which I don't necessarily appreciate. Don't want to gross anyone out here, but it's the truth when you talk about GI issues. Being a celiac you pay more attention to your bowels. The flaxseed makes them less firm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...