Saturday, April 2, 2011

Strawberry Festival

Look what I bought at the Poteet Strawberry Festival: one flat of locally grown ripe strawberries!

Justin discovered his retirement plan with his friends where they will perform a gun fighting show at local events and county fairs.

Everything was pretty reasonably priced at the festival. I enjoyed many snacks from strawberry wine, a strawberry margarita, chocolate covered strawberries...

And...strawberry ice cream where I'm squinting on this hot, sunny day. They had the ingredients listed on the outside of the cooler, so I knew the ice cream was GF and safe for me to eat.

So many strawberry themed things to see.

We spun the wheel and both won some La Costena products which we used for dinner tonight.

How could we not buy strawberries...they were everywhere!

Tan from the sun or dirty feet from the dirt at the fair grounds? (Sorry my feet are gross)

When we arrived home we were exhausted from being out in the sun for 5 hours. Justin made us some beef fajitas for dinner. They were delicious and fresh. He used some fajita spice, green pepper, red pepper, red onion, mexican cheese, and corn tortillas for the base.

I won this salsa at the Poteet Strawberry Festival, and it complimented the fajitas perfectly. It has a little kick, but is so good. There aren't that many ingredients in it, and they are safe for me.

Ever since the mango guacamole, I've been obsessed with guacamole in general. I make it anytime we eat Mexican food now.

I tried the guac with these GF tortilla chips. They were alright, but could've used a little more salt.

For dessert, we enjoyed strawberries halved in a cup. No sugar or chocolate needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...