Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Boxes of Bars

I'm pretty sure by now, you are aware of my love for Larabars. (As seen here, here, and here.) Although my sister, Kristen, is not a fan. As a result, I've inherited two huge boxes with 18 bars in each from her!

If you're not a fan of Larabars, or you require a more candy bar-like snack on the go I have the prefect replacement. 

Luna Protein Bars!

The GF flavors I tried were chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, cookie dough, and mint chocolate chip. There is also chocolate cherry almond which I haven't tried yet. These protein bars are labeled gluten free in the corner of the packaging, so be on the look out for that. However, regular Luna bars are not GF.

Whoa chocolate!

Pictured below is the chocolate chip cookie dough.

But my favorite flavor is the mint chocolate chip! There is something about the crunch and mix of chocolate that soothes my sweet tooth and leaves me feeling satisfied.

These are definitely marketed towards women, including a rant on the packaging. According to the Luna website, 

"Each 1.6 oz (45g) LUNA Protein bar has around 180-190 calories with 12g protein and 3g fiber, along with essential nutrients women need. It is high in calcium and folic acid, and is a good source of vitamin D, iron, fiber and antioxidants (vitamins A, C and E). Each bar has 6-9g fat and 13-15g sugar depending on the flavor."

It made the hubs wonder if he could enjoy Luna Proteins too. No worries, 

"Men, too, can enjoy LUNA Protein. There is nothing in LUNA Protein that is not good for men. However, LUNA Protein bars are specifically formulated to provide women with the nutrients that are often harder for them to get."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...