Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Ode to My Roomie

My college roomie, Francesca, sent me some recipes that she enjoyed. Thanks lover!  As I was going to post about one of these such recipes, I felt I needed a photo of the two of us. An hour later...my stomach was hurting from laughing at all of the ridiculous pictures of us. I couldn't help myself and decided to post a collection of Fran and Karen pics.



Oh college...I honestly can't explain these all to you if I wanted. Miss you Franny. Hmm...I wonder how college would've been different if I had been diagnosed with celiac then.

For good measure, we do have some normal pictures as well.
 
Now on to the original reason for this post: pan roasted corn salad with tomatoes and feta.

The recipe was amazing! I substituted the feta for quesco fresco like Francesca suggested. Although, I didn't follow the directions very well. I crumbled the cheese instead of chunking it. I also used too much olive oil at first. I'm not sure why the recipe wants you to split it into two batches. Even with these mistakes it was a fresh take on corn! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...