Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Staycations Go On...

I can't believe I'm still updating about our weekend. It makes me realize how much there is to do close to home. Saturday night we switched things up and stayed at a different hotel, Hotel Indigo. It was a block from the Alamo.

I loved the wood floors and new updates.

Yet, the hotel was filled with original things...like safes.

And a mail drop to the first floor. We dropped a post card in to send to ourselves and it worked!

The halls were so wide, and check out that marble on the walls.

Saturday night I booked us dinner reservations at Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse. I had heard most of the meats and salad bar options were gluten free. When we were seated, I asked our server about what was GF and what to avoid. I wanted to verify my research and make sure it was still current. He was a little unsure, but sent the manager over.

The manager was awesome and knowledgeable. Much of what he told me was what I had researched, but it's always a good idea to double check when you're there. In fact, he did point out a few more things I should stay away from.

Overall, he said all the cuts of meat were GF, except the chicken legs and sausage because they were marinated in beer. On the salad bar, he told me not to eat the bread, the green beans with sesame seeds, and he was unsure about the salad dressings. If I can eat all that meat, I don't need salad! He did say there was olive oil and lemon juice though, in case I did want salad. After coming to our table, he checked out the salad bar again to see if there was anything else he missed.

He also said the cheese rolls that are served to us are GF because they use yucca flour. I did read somewhere online that a different Fogo de Chao restaurant added wheat. I would check with the manager to make sure. I did not have a reaction and ate like 5 of these because I could!

The salad bar is incredible. It puts all other salad bars to shame. I skipped out on actual salad, but found tons of other options. I tried to be minimal, because I wanted to save room for the meat.

The meat!

I know it looks a little gross all cut up on my plate, but the meat was so succulent. My favorite was the top sirloin and house special. I wonder how many pounds of meat Justin and I consumed. 

After eating at Las Canarias and Fogo de Chao, we had a new appreciation for food. Both restaurant provided us with positive and fulfilling options! I would recommend both of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...