Monday, July 18, 2011

I Love Groupon - Part 2

This picture is a little hard to see, since the sun is setting. (Plus, I've been looking into buying a new camera, that takes good low light shots.) But I'm standing in front of the Tower of Americas on a segway! We bought Groupons to take an hour segway tour downtown.

I don't think we would've done a segway tour normally, but the Groupon deal made it happen! I never realized how you ride a segway either, but it's by your hip positioning. It was more complicated than I had originally thought. It was awesome though! I'd definitely recommend trying it at least once, especially if you get a deal for half off :)

The Savings
  • One hour tour for $25
  • Originally $50
  • Times 2 people
  • It was like buy one, get one free!
  • We spent $50
  • And saved...$50!

After the segway tour and some debate, we made our way to the Iron Cactus (unfortunately sans Groupon!) Why there? Because I knew they had a GF menu...I'd been there when my sister, Julie, visited. (You can view a better version of the GF menu here.)
We had a late lunch at Little Aussie, so we decided to order some drinks and appetizers. I was craving chips and was hoping they had a dedicated fryer. The waiter checked and confirmed, yes! We were able to enjoy:

Chips and Salsa

Table side made guacamole

Our guac

And chile con queso!

My favorite was the queso. It was cheesy, thick, and flavorful. Plus, it didn't stick to the pan! The chips were, decent...a little greasy, but I loved the fact that there wasn't cross contamination in the fryer. I personally think I make better guacamole, because Justin and I add tons of garlic to ours. 

The best part of the meal appetizer feast was my frozen margartia! We'd been outside in the heat for the segway tour and decided to dine outside on the Riverwalk. The margartia was refreshing and smooth tasting. It hit the spot!

Saturday afternoon we were able to enjoy some more savings at the Tower of Americas. Did you know the Tower of Americas is 87 feet taller than the Seattle Space Needle? I scored a Groupon for two to go to the top for 11 bucks. The admission also included a 4-D movie about Texas. 

View from the top!

Justin with San Antonio below him.

Another city view. If you see the block of trees, that's where the Alamo is located!

The Savings
  • Original cost for two people $21.90
  • I paid $11 for two!
  • Savings of almost $12
In case you were keeping track, or well wondering what the total of Groupon savings was for the weekend:

$15 + $73 + $50 + $12 = $150

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...