Monday, July 4, 2011

No Fireworks This Fourth!

Holy Heat + Drought = No Fireworks 

I was upset at first because there were going to be fireworks right on base! Two years ago, it was perfect because we were able to walk from our house and not fight traffic. I was excited that Lackland was hosting the fireworks again this year, but due to the dryness and lack of rain they were canceled. 

So we decided to go to a friend's house today to celebrate the 4th of July. I wanted to bring something and my recent find, made GF Rice Krispie Treats the winner. I practically flipped a lid when I saw them at the commissary! Then at the check I squealed a little more because they were only $1.99 a box and I was able to use a coupon, making them $1.50 a box.

I followed the recipe on the box, which is the exact way I had memorized it. I've always been a Rice Krispie treat pro. It's so simple: 4 cups of marshmallows, 6 cups of krispies, and 3 tablespoons of butter. The most difficult part is melting the marshmallows, making sure they don't burn. My treats were a success and came out just like I remember them!

We spent the afternoon eating, drinking, and playing on a huge blow-up water slide (oops, I forgot to take pics of it.) 

Tomorrow I need to share some of my favorites from my Michigan trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...