Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Noodleless Lasagna

We love to eat portobellos, but often find ourselves making repetitive recipes. (Like this one here.) When we were at the store last and decided to pick up some portobellos, I slightly remembered this recipe for cheese and spinach portobellos. I've expressed my love for Eating Well before, and can always find some inspiration there. I followed the first part of the recipe by roasting the mushrooms in the oven for 20 minutes.

I warmed up some Classico roasted garlic sauce in the microwave and spooned some on the portobellos, similar to the recipe. The rest of the topping was my own combination. I was going more for a lasagna-like taste. I didn't really measure anything, but can give you some estimates. I used about a half cup of ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of fresh parmesan, and a sprinkle of italian seasoning. I mixed it all together and spooned on top of the sauce. Then I popped the portobellos back into the oven for about 10 minutes.

What a great meatless, noodleless version of lasagna. Our only complaint was that we both thought we could eat another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...