Monday, July 11, 2011

Kefir

Our latest household obsession: Kefir!

Justin was the one who first started drinking the yogurt-y smoothie. Curiosity led me to try the delightful probiotic myself. Kefir is thick, but smooth. Both flavors I've tried have no chunks or seeds! 

Kefir is gluten free! According to their FAQ page, "All of Lifeway's products are Gluten Free except for the Probiotic Wellness Bars. The bars are produced at a different facility separate from where Lifeway Kefir is produced. Therefore there is no nut and gluten contamination." Further research on the site, also led me to find out Green Kefir is not GF, as it contains wheat grass powder.

I'm so glad I wrote this post, because I started playing around on Lifeway's website. I've now signed up for coupons and can't wait to try some other products. I had no idea how many flavors they carry, I must try birthday cake Kefir. I also read about frozen Kefir in Men's Health and need to find a store that carries it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...