Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Happy Birthday to my biggest supporter! 

Justin truly is an amazing man, who makes eating GF a breeze. He's given up so much to eat GF with me at home. He helps me read labels, cook GF, and goes to restaurants that are accommodating for me. Thank you hubby! I couldn't do this without you.

He had a couple requests for his special day.

1. "I want waffles with birthday cake ice cream for breakfast."


I woke up early to make him breakfast before work. The waffles were extra fluffy this morning, yet still crispy on the outside. I think the dash of vanilla I added did the trick (although it made the batter even more watery and made me worry!)

I waited around most of the day hoping Justin would get off work early. Unfortunately, he didn't arrive home until nearly 5:00. He opened his card and gift, then we were off to dinner, which was request number two.

2. "I want to go to Red Lobster and eat the biscuits."

This was a request because usually when we go out, he denies the bread too! I told him no problem, eat all the cheddar biscuits you want.

I did my research before we left and found that Red Lobster did in fact have an allergy menu. I looked over the menu at home to get an idea of what I could eat and to think about what sounded good. At the restaurant I asked the hostess for an allergy menu. She wasn't too sure what I was asking about and showed me the healthy menu on the table. This was not what I was looking for, so I asked the server. He seemed new and unsure but went to ask the manager.

The manager printed out a menu for me and I examined it. I asked a few questions about how the fish was cooked and settled on the blackened catfish, coleslaw, and a baked potato. I also requested the cook's gloves be changed when handling my food.

The server asked if we wanted biscuits, which was appreciated because we do often deny the bread. But this time I answered, "I think he wants some."

When I received the bill, I couldn't help but laugh. As guest number one, I was labeled "allergen guest."

After dinner we went to Target for a bit. Then when we got home we had cake! I'll tell you more about the chocolate mini cake tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...