Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pesto Pizza

I decided to get out of the house on Saturday, so I made a trip to Whole Foods. I picked up several products that I'm excited about! One I received for free with a coupon, another was a new beauty product I'm trying, and the last one was this awesome GF pizza. (You'll have to wait to find out what was free and which body product I'm now semi-ly obsessed with after 4 days.)

Against the Grain Nut-Free Pesto Pizza

The pizza cost $11.99, but there are four servings which are generous portions. With Justin gone, that means I ate this pizza for dinner on Saturday, for dinner Sunday, and for dinner again tonight. Since I'm the only one eating this week, whatever I make feeds me almost the whole week. The pizza has no toppings, which you might see as either a positive or a negative. Positive = you can customize what toppings you would like; negative = more money and more time! I was lazy, but knew I wanted to add something to my pesto pizza, so I cut up some mushrooms for the top. Justin and I had bought this pizza before and put numerous toppings on it that time like chicken, onions, and spinach.

I cooked it on my pizza stone and it came out perfectly. I love the crust of this pizza! (I'm a hard person to please with GF pizza crust.) It's flavorful, has a real pizza dough texture, and its a good thickness: not too thin nor too thick.

I know this is something I can't afford to eat every week (not the money, but calorie wise), however its quick and easy to pull from the freezer when you need a fast meal. I remember trying other Against the Grain products at the GF Expo, I'll have to look for more at my next Whole Foods trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...