Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It Had To Be Said

I've successfully avoided updating for two whole weeks and it's not like I didn't have new things to write about. I told you I had new products to write about and have been busy completing more Pinterest projects. In the back of my head, I felt like there was something I needed to write about first, but wasn't quite sure how.

I think I'll start with the way the news was shared with me back in September. I remember the Friday clearly because Justin was cooking Ginger-Orange Glazed Cornish Hens.

We had wine, a candle was lit, and Justin explained to me he was going to be deployed. It was something that we had talked about through our entire 3 years of marriage, and it was unreal that those words were finally true. I shed a few tears, but was able to accept what he had just told me. The good part was that we would have 6 months to prepare before he left.

This meal will forever remind me of that day.

Like I mentioned above, we had 6 months to prepare, talk about, and go through all the emotions. Honestly, if this would have happened 3 years ago when we first moved to Texas I don't think I would have been okay. But I feel that I can write here today and say that I'm okay. Sure it sucks, but it is part of his job and he'll be back in 6 months.

Part of me didn't want to litter my blog explaining to the world about my husband being deployed. I figured those who are close will know about it anyway. On the sidebar of this blog I wrote, "I have celiac disease and live gluten free. While that is what I often blog about, it doesn’t define me. I’m also a teacher, a student, and a military wife. I live with my husband, Justin and our crazy dog Iivana in Texas. Although we’re originally from Michigan; we visit our friends and family there whenever we get the chance." I say being GF doesn't define me, and the military is a very present part of my life: it's why we live in Texas! So I couldn't just avoid the topic, because him being gone changes normal routines. That's why Justin was at training a few weeks ago. 

With that said, I probably won't be sharing all of my feelings for the world to see, but I will write about changes. I'm sure I'll write about a day that sucks, a day that I realize I'm very independent, or a day that Iivana is getting on my last nerve! Justin has been gone for over a week now and already I have felt so much love and support. Thank you to everyone who is praying for Justin and myself, we really do appreciate it.

Okay, now that that elephant is out of the room, I can have a normal post and I just finished a Pinterest project that I'm pretty proud of!

2 comments:

  1. 1 week down already! I think it's great to share as much as you feel comfortable about your situation. It is a tough one that I can't even begin to understand. Can't wait to visit you in 2 months tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eloquent post! I enjoy reading all your writings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...