Thursday, March 15, 2012

Helping my Hair

I found myself starting to type: meet my new best friend, Acure products. Then I thought, why am I giving personification to everything? I must be filling the void of Justin, with inanimate things like Pinterest (as I referred to it yesterday as my friend) and now today my shampoo and conditioner.

Two weeks ago, I said that I found some new GF beauty products that I was pretty excited about. I went to Whole Foods and was actually looking for a daily moisturizer when a worker introduced me to this line. I didn't buy a moisturizer because they were out of the daily cream. I figured I would try some of the other products and if I liked them, I'd get the moisturizer later. 

They were out of matching shampoo and conditioner, but I was actually happy that I bought different kinds. The shampoo is for dry/damaged/curly hair and has an amazing berry scent. The conditioner is for normal to fine/limp hair; it has an invigorating mint smell, so with the two different smells I get to experience a variety of smells while I clean my hair. I also like that I bought the mismatching types because my hair is no longer dry like it used to be, pre-celiac diagnosis. Since I'm actually absorbing minerals, my hair doesn't need all the extra therapy for moisture. It was about a year ago that I first discovered that my gluten beauty products were causing some fat fingers (now for some alliteration.) Since then I've been on the hunt to convert all my products to be GF, but it is not an easy task. If you thought reading food labels was difficult, try looking at beauty products! I've tried a couple different shampoo brands which I was pretty sure were GF from Head & Shoulders (still not 100% if it is GF) to Desert Essence. I even tried 365 which is the brand Whole Foods makes, but it made my hair super greasy. I wasn't overly impressed with any of them. I felt like a teenager, trying to find products that worked for me. My hair had completely changed from dry and damaged to normal. Now I had to find products that were GF and would make my hair healthy and happy.

One thing that caught my eye about Acure is how easy the label is to read. On the front it states the essentials: color safe (for shampoo), vegan, gluten free, sulfate free, paraben free, phthalate free, and cruelty free. These were 10.99 each, but I went back the next week to Whole Foods and they were on sale for 8 bucks so I picked up a few more. I know it seems a bit pricey, but after two weeks of use I totally love everything about this product! 


I also picked up this Argan Oil which is Moroccan oil. I've heard a lot of good things about Moroccan oil and wanted to give it a try.

There are many uses for Argan oil from a body oil, hair serum, to hand repair! But I'll be honest, I haven't used it yet. It is a little intimidating to me, so I'll have to take the plunge and just try it.

It also lists all of its features and GF is one of them!
 I'm thinking of trying the body lotion soon. If you can't find these products at your local store, I noticed on the website that most of the products ship for free! Plus these products are Fair Trade certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...