Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Snacks: Part 1

Simple Taco Seasoning Dip: 1 of several finger foods we enjoyed during the Super Bowl.


3 Main Ingredients for the base are cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning

First soften cream cheese a little. (I left it sit out for a bit before making the dip.) Then mix equal parts cream cheese and sour cream; I mixed 8 oz. of each. Do not use the whole packet of taco seasoning, it will be too much. I probably used about 2 - 3 tablespoons. My recommendation would be to add a little then taste, that way you can add more if need be. Using a hand mixer allows the cream cheese to mix better with the sour cream.

Spread the mixture into a container. Ideally a pizza pan would make it look the best and would spread it out a little thinner, but I wanted to use a container with a lid. As a result, it was a little thicker than I would've liked.

Sprinkle with cheese to cover the cream cheese mixture.

Then layer with vegetables of your choice. I like to use tomatoes, green onions and black olives. I don't really care for black olives but I use them because they add more color. I can tolerate them while I'm eating the dip as well because there are other flavors that overpower them. I'm sure you can add some refried beans as a bottom layer too. The nice thing about this dip is that you can make it your own and it's fairly simple (because it doesn't consist of 7 layers!)

We bought these Jalapeno tortilla chips to use in the dip.

GF!

I'll leave you with an Imported from Detroit commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...