Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Snacks: Part 2

A Pinterest inspired recipe for the Super Bowl! 


Start with 2 cups of vinegar to boil

The original recipe calls for fingerling potatoes but I couldn't find any at the commissary so I had to improvise with regular Russet potatoes. I actually only used 2 Russet potatoes and cut them into thin strips.

I brought the vinegar to a boil then simmered liked the recipe called for. However, I noticed that these potatoes took a little longer to cook. They probably took a good 5-10 minutes longer of simmering. Next you let the potatoes cool for about 30 minutes in the vinegar.

 I drained them, patted dry with a paper towel, and placed them into a Ziploc bag. I poured olive oil, salt, and pepper without measuring any of it. I was pretty generous in my amounts. Shake.

I only have a small broiler pan, so I tried to squeeze all the slices on it in a single layer.

Then I broiled them like the recipe called for, 7 minutes on one side and 5 on the other. Again, they seemed to need longer to brown.

I kept a close eye to make sure the potatoes didn't burn, but waited for them to turn a golden brown.

Justin grilled some ribs too, so these made a nice pair. 

The salt and vinegar potatoes were definitely different from the usual fry. They were salty and pungent, yet a refreshing take on the chip version. If you like salt and vinegar chips, I recommend you try these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...