Thursday, June 2, 2011

School's Out for Summer!

Today was my last day with my kiddos. I still have to work tomorrow to finish up paper work and organize my classroom. But I figured this would be the perfect meal to share as a way to kick off summer!

Goat cheese turkey burgers made with 3 simple ingredients, inspired by my burger from the Cove!
  • Spinach
  • Ground turkey breast
  • Goat Cheese
I chopped a heaping handful of spinach. Then I mixed two tablespoons of garlic and herb flavored goat cheese, spinach, and 1/2 pound of turkey. After thoroughly mixing, I formed two burger patties.

While Justin was a little skeptical about using only three ingredients, he agreed to cook them on the grill. I was a little nervous about the goat cheese melting out of burgers, similar to what happened here with my kabob and cheese idea, but the cheese stayed intact. And let me tell you these...WERE...A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

We ate them bun-less and we didn't mind because you could enjoy all the flavors. Although, I wouldn't mind trying some Udi's GF hamburger buns

For a side, you could make parmesan potatoes. There are pretty simple as well and require:
  • Potatoes
  • Butter
  • Sea Salt
  • Parmesan Cheese
To make these, I first line a baking sheet with foil (it makes for easier clean up). Then I spray it with Pam. Next, I chop the potatoes using my pampered chef crinkle cutter and line the pan with the potatoes tightly touching.


I coat them with sea salt and butter spray (but you can used melted butter). Finally, I generously sprinkle them with parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.

Hope everyone's ready for summer. The heat has not been my friend thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...