Monday, June 13, 2011

Baker's Challenge

I received a few emails and read some other blogs advertising the Betty Crocker Baker's Gluten Free Challenge. Justin and I brainstormed how I could turn our favorite gluten-filled recipes in to GF recipes. In the rules, you must use an entire box of Betty Crocker GF baking mix (yellow cake, chocolate cake, brownie mix, chocolate chip cookie mix) or one cup of GF Bisquick to make your favorite holiday recipe. We came up with some grand ideas, which I plan to try.

Unfortunately the recipes need to be submitted by June 30. I'll be on vacation in Michigan for two weeks, which will consume time for practicing. Since I had to go to the grocery store today, I decided to pick up the ingredients and try one of my ideas!

I chose to start with...

I decided to make a fruit pizza! I'm not going to give you all the details of how to make it yet, because I think I might submit it. 

I like how it tasted with everything I added to the mix, but I think I need to use a bigger pan next time. I used a cheese cake pan to bake it for easy removal for decorating later. I love thick cookies, and this was thick! I just want to make sure you think more cookie than cake when you eat it. 

Check out the thickness!

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...