Monday, June 6, 2011

I do not like them Sam I Am...

My family knows I'm not really a big fan of eggs for breakfast. The only way I can eat them is if they are mixed with a lot of other ingredients. After church on Sunday, Justin was in the mood for a big breakfast. There are not many GF restaurants that close for brunch, so eating at home it was! We hadn't gone to the grocery store yet for the week, so we worked with what we had to create some southwestern omelets and hash browns.

I pulled out some leftover black beans, shredded chicken, onions, and Mexican cheese from the refrigerator. Justin sauteed the chicken in Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle seasoning, with the onions, garlic, and black beans. To make the omelet I simply cooked the eggs, sprinkled some salt and pepper, then I flipped the circular egg shape over. I dumped some cheese to cover the area of the egg. After that I put the chicken mixture in between.

To make the hash browns, I baked three potatoes in the microwave. Next I coarsely chopped the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Then I sprayed some olive oil and pan fried the potatoes. I covered them with pepper and salt. I flipped them a few times until they were evenly browned.

We garnished the omelets with some fresh cilantro and green salsa. We've never made any omelets like this before. At first we weren't sure how chicken would work, but it was the perfect fit for the southwestern style!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...