Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Salad

Since being off for summer, this has provided more time in the kitchen for me! I can actually take time to cook and enjoy it. We've been using a ton of recipes recently from Eating Well. I found this strawberry, melon, and avocado salad recipe that I wanted to try.

Cutting the fruit was a little time consuming. But the dressing was fairly simple to make, especially when I used my big Pyrex measuring cup to measure and mix. The dressing consisted of only 5 ingredients: honey, red wine vinegar, fresh mint, salt, and pepper.

Instead of making four servings, I divided it into two. I laid all the fruit in a circular pattern like the recipe called for. Justin suggested to just chop the fruit next time so it wouldn't take so long. 

Overall the salad was pretty good. It was definitely fresh and fruity. The dressing was really sweet and sort of clumped up depending where it was poured. As my husband said, "It's good in moderation." Every now and then you would eat a piece doused in dressing and it was almost too much. It was a nice change of pace and hit the spot on this sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...