Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surprise Attack

Ah, so I'm completely exhausted but it was worth it! For those of you who weren't aware, Justin and I made a last minute surprise visit to Michigan. We arrived home shortly after midnight last night, leaving only a few hours for sleep before work today. Justin is the godfather of Maren, so we decided to go to her Baptism. It worked out pretty well...I was on Spring Break, Julie had visited but was on her way to Austin, and Justin had already asked for two days off to enjoy SB with me.

Of course a 5 day trip is going to include daily GF adventures in finding and eating food safe for me! I won't be able to talk about them all tonight, but will hopefully be able to blog regularly again.

Here's a few highlights from our trip:

Justin and I took separate flights, with varying layovers due to the fact that we literally bought the tickets 5 days before. This is my Michael Jackson look at the airport. No, it's not a style statement...I still wear compression socks on planes because pre-celiac diagnosis my feet would often swell after flying. I just need to invest in a pair of skin tone socks so I can wear one of my many pairs of Tom's. Oh yes, you can see my stylish pedometer as well.

We surprised friends in Ann Arbor for St. Patrick's Day. Of course, I had to post a traditional picture with Justin from St. Pat's. Justin sported MSU gear in U of M land, while I showed my Texan side with a cowboy hat. I enjoyed Sangria flavored drinks from Dominick's...and we'll leave it at that.

There's the little ball of beauty herself, Maren Jean with her aunt Karen Jean.

At the baptism.

Looking through my photos, I realize I take more pictures of food than I do with people. My goal is to continue photographing my food, but also take photos with all the amazing people we visited. I hope everyone enjoyed our visit as much as we did. It was awesome to see so many friends and family, I love you all! We'll be back in June, where I'll be sure to have more people pics.

I need to get some stuff ready for class and get to bed! The coming days will tell of my food adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...