Monday, March 14, 2011

More Visitors

Iivana's warmed up to a lot to more people lately. She's had to with all the visitors! She's become completely comfortable with my niece, nephews, Justin's parents, and now my sister and her friend. Iivana even played with her new cousin Pandora at grandma and grandpa's over the weekend. They could practically be sisters!

We still have company here, and we're even waiting to pick up Julie's other friend tonight too, so I'm taking a moment to try to catch up a little on GF life lately. We've been so incredibly busy everyday that I haven't had any time to write.

Saturday we went out to eat at Paloma Blanca, a fabulous mexican restaurant that offers a GF menu in addition to a regular menu. I ordered a bowl of Caldo Tlalpeno which was a spicy chicken soup. It made my nose drip a little but was delicious. This was our second time there. Last time I ordered enchiladas that were also really good. We wanted to take Julie and Rachel to an awesome Mexican restaurant and this was an excellent choice. It puts my mind at ease eating at places with separate GF menus. Their website even links to Alamo Celiac. While I know cross contamination can still occur, it's nice to know they're educated about celiac disease.

Justin ordered the special, which I'm not even sure what it was called. It was guacamole in a pig that they made look like it was flying with corn tortillas filled with cheese and a sauce. There was some sort of meat in the middle. I'm not sure if his dinner was GF, but it sured looked good! I also forgot to mention they gave me my own GF bowl of chips and salsa too!

Yesterday we went wine tasting in Fredericksburg. This is Julie, me, and Rachel at Rancho Ponte Vineyard. More to come later on a GF bakery there...

Today we went to Bandera, the cowboy capital of the of the world, where we stopped at a dude ranch and even went horseback riding by a river. Julie has all the pictures from there, so hopefully I'll get them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...