Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Week Off

I have the week off of work and am so thankful for it. I figure I'll be able to blog a little more, do some homework, clean the house, spend time with my hubby, work on school stuff, and start decorating for Christmas. The list seems long, but I can be flexible.

Here's a blast from the past, aka a recipe inspired by Noodles and Co. (where Justin and I met while working) before they changed their menu many years ago. Want another Noodles and Co. inspired dish: find it here. Justin and I decided to make our own version of a peanut salad.

I started by chopping carrots and green onions. After that I washed some sprouts.

I followed the directions on the Thai Kitchen Rice noodles box. Then I added some San-J peanut sauce. You can find my love for San-J peanut sauce here, here, and here.

The salad is fairly simple: spring mix combined with the rice noodles. Then I topped it off with the carrots, green onions, and sprouts. Chicken was sliced and placed on the top.

Justin made a dressing with the San-J peanut sauce combined with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to taste. The salad was so filling and a blast from the past. Now if I could only find some GF med dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...