Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank You Veterans!

What a day - It's Veterans Day, 11-11-11, Friday, and my MSU Spartans are playing basketball today...if only I had the day off too. 

Look at my handsome hubby in his uniform. Thank you Justin and all other veterans; I'm proud to be your wife.

While I didn't get this Friday off, I took last Friday off to attend Justin's Community College of the Air Force graduation. He received an Associate's in Human Resources and also earned a scholarship to help pay for his current schooling.

Afterwards, we headed downtown to celebrate at Las Canarias for a decedent GF lunch.

Prosciutto wrapped artichokes on Udi's gluten free bread.

I wanted to try something different and went with a chicken sandwich on GF bread. I'm glad I tried something different, but it didn't compare to Justin's meal.

Justin ordered the lunch special, which was photographed in a shadow from our seat near the Riverwalk. I don't remember the exact name but there was shrimp, a moist and tender steak, and finger potatoes in Spanish Chorizo. His had flavor that savored in your mouth.

God Bless America.

Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...