Monday, November 21, 2011

Getting Mussels

I think soon Justin is going to have to start writing some entries on here because he does the majority of the cooking. Many times I'm his sous-chef, so I'm knowledgeable enough about the recipe to blog about it. On this occasion, I took no part in the cooking. But I can't not (double negative, I know) blog about mussels!

Here's the recipe:
(of course he subbed GF beer for the ale)

All the ingredients

Shaved fennel, onion, sage, and Spanish chorizo

Spanish chorizo

Onion and fennel

Redbridge and white wine

Live mussels! So freaky how they opened and closed.

I think the ones in the red bowl were ones you could use because they closed up when they were washed. The ones in the strainer had to be thrown out. This is why Justin should be writing this, to give more detailed explanations.

I couldn't believe I was going to eat these!

Ready to eat

So cheesy 

My first bite into a mussel and it got stuck in my teeth! Justin grabbed the camera and snapped this action shot. At first the texture was gummy-like, but I got past it. The Gouda cheesiness with the Spanish chorizo and butter gave it full rich flavor.

We ate all our mussels and I will definitely try them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...