Sunday, September 4, 2011

Football Season

The end of summer means the start of football! I love me some college football too. Friday night, Michigan State played their first football game of the season. It was a nice way to end the work week and start the weekend. We stayed home to watch the game on the Big 10 Network. In order to properly cheer on my Spartans, we made appetizers to enjoy through out the game. 

At the GF baking class last weekend, we picked an awesome jalapeno corer along with the GF flour. It was the perfect tool to use to help me make some jalapeno poppers. My only suggestion is to wear gloves, because the seeds were burning my hand long after I finished coring 12 jalapenos.

The corer cost $9 at Williams Sonoma. Justin and I had first spotted it at grandma and grandpa's and became intrigued to get one ourselves.

Justin made a cheese mixture of out half a block of cream cheese, some shredded cheddar, and shredded gouda. I'm sure any mixture of cheeses would work!

I then stuffed the peppers using a knife with the cheese mixture.

The final step was to wrap them in half a slice of bacon. (The parchment paper was a great idea too for covering the pan.)

Then we broiled them for 10 minutes to an oozing perfection. We were a little nervous about the bacon grease in the oven, but I watched closely to make sure we didn't have a grease fire.

Justin also made his famous calgary hot wings but as hot tenders! He grilled them on the grill and they were so moist and juicy.

 Then he mixed the sweet and spicy sauce out of these 3 condiments.

Toss the tenders in the sauce and they're ready to eat!

My couch, my Spartans, my hubby, and delicious food! MSU didn't play their best, but I'll take the win!

Yesterday afternoon, we were also a part of history. UTSA, where I'm attending for my masters, had their first football game - EVER! Here we are ready to support the Roadrunners.

The inaugural game was held at the Alamodome and the team looked good.

They won 31 - 3! We left the game a tad early to hit up Las Canarias

We spent today cleaning, which wasn't very exciting. I need to find time to check some papers and do some reading for class. At least tomorrow is still part of the weekend! I love holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...