Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bread Pizza

For dinner on Sunday, I wanted to use up the extra hot tenders in a different recipe. I had several ideas, but wasn't willing to make a trip to the store. I had to work with what I had. I wanted to make some wraps, but there weren't any tortillas in the house. Then I decided a buffalo chicken pizza would be a good choice. Although, we didn't have any frozen crust and I wasn't in the mood to knead some dough. It had to be quick!

After some debate, I pulled Rudi's bread out of the freezer. (I love that the commissary sells a good GF bread. I don't have to drive to Whole Foods all the time). I lined my cookie sheet with parchment paper and began to construct mini pizzas.

We had some open pizza sauce in the fridge and a block of mozzarella that I grated. Then I topped the pizza with the left over sliced chicken tenders that already had a spicy hot flavor. I cut up some red onions and squeezed them in any left over spaces. Finally, I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on top.

I baked the "pizzas" on 350 for about 20 minutes. They came out way better than expected.

A lot of GF pizza crusts tend to be thin, so with all the toppings you really couldn't tell it was just bread. There was so much flavor from the chicken and the bread acted as a crispy crust. In a pinch, these are the perfect pizza crust substitute.

I wish I had some now, since I had class tonight and didn't really get a real dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...