Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Typical Breakfast

I've written about my typical lunch for work. I recently added a new page at the top that includes some of my favorite products. When I started looking for links in my blog to list by each product for some of them, I found it to be more difficult than expected. I guess some of these things are so routine that I don't post them. I tend to post new things I've tried.

But in all honestly, these waffles are my breakfast most days...even today on vacation, they were my go to. I usually eat them before work too, because they are quick and easy. On weekends we often make bigger breakfasts, but Van's are a weekly buy. Justin prefers another GF brand, which I'll post on another day. But I like Van's because they are plain and I can add flavor.

I usually eat two and pop them in the toaster.

Then I coat them with peanut butter and some honey. I need the peanut butter for protein; it helps sustain me until lunch. These waffles really do curb my hunger until I have time to eat something.

 Of course, another necessity in the morning is coffee. We recently bought a new coffee maker that is just fabulous. It makes super hot coffee in just 3 minutes. Justin always talked about getting a Bunn, but I think I was turned off because I thought they were sort of ugly. (Hey, that's a good reason if it has to sit on my counter all day!) But after putting up with our other coffee maker, that took almost 30 minutes to brew luke warm coffee I was ready for change.


I must eat breakfast, I'm definitely not one of those breakfast skippers. Usually I wake up thinking about how I need some food and coffee in my belly!

Coffee + waffles = happy me

I can drink coffee black, but I do like some flavor in my life. I've recently become attached to  Coffee-mate's natural bliss because it is natural. It doesn't have twenty names I can't read on the label.

If you can see, it says nonfat milk, heavy cream, sugar, and natural flavor. The box on the lower left corner also denotes that it is gluten free.

I may find myself with this exact breakfast tomorrow again. My parents arrived today and we are probably heading to some outlets tomorrow. I'll definitely need a full stomach for some shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...