Saturday, December 3, 2011

Football and Finger Food

For the Big 10 Championship game, I requested some hot wings. I told my husband that I wanted real wings! (Remember last time we had them, we used chicken tenderloins.)


I couldn't help myself and had to take a photo of his written recipe. I would also like to point out that it says, "wheat beer" but he substituted Redbridge which he soaked them in the night before.

This is what they looked like before he put them on the grill.

We tried a different BBQ sauce today, Organic Valley's Original BBQ Sauce. Plus, the recipe has some kick from Sriracha and Red Hot.

 Saucing up more on the grill.

Smoked with some wood chips.

Look at those wings!

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I decided to contribute to the appetizer dinner with some potato skins. I followed this recipe pretty close and they turned out great. First, I baked potatoes.

Meanwhile, I used nitrate free bacon.

Cooked (in the microwave) and then chopped.

Grapeseed oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.

Cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onion chopped, ready for topping.

 Cut the potatoes in half, then hallowed out leaving some for the "skins."

I covered the skins in the grapeseed oil mixture and baked for 7 minutes on one side at 475 degrees.

Then 7 minutes on the other side to get them crispy.

Sprinkle cheese and bacon, then back in the oven for 2 minutes.

Finally I topped them with sour cream and green onions.

The work was totally worth the taste. And to be honest, they weren't that difficult, it just seemed like the baking took a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...