Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas to all!

Tonight we celebrated with a Christmas Eve dinner. I made twice baked potatoes, but first started by baking the potatoes.

Look familiar? However, these aren't potato skins, but it's the same sort of idea. Depending on the size of the potato I either cut it in half or cut the top part off after the potatoes were baked. Then I hallowed out as much as I could without breaking the skin. (I used 7 potatoes...I wanted some extras for the week.)

In my mixer, I added 3 chopped green onions, 1/2 stick of butter, about a cup of sour cream (add more or less depending on final consistency of the potatoes), and about a 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Then I mixed it until it was "mash-like."

The potato mixture was spooned back into the skins.

Then topped with chopped bacon and more cheese!

Back in the oven for 15 minutes at 350.

Viola, the perfect side!

I earned this ham from work for not getting hurt since the start of the new school year! We saved it to make for Xmas and if you look real close, it tells you that it is gluten free! (Last summer, I brought home some ribs from work...remember?)

Justin took care of the ham and put it in the crock pot with some water. Basically it needed to heat up.

I also made some fresh green beans to add to the twice baked potatoes and ham.

Add a Redbridge and the meal is complete.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...